Audio overlapping issue while seeking audio seekbar back and forth in Storyline 360 (3.40,.22208.0) version.

Jun 17, 2020

After updating my storyline 360 and publishing my course for HTML5 (AICC), i have found that the seekbar of player is not working smooth and i have faced the audio overlapping issue and it sounds distorted. 

Also i have found that on hovering on seek bar it is not showing hand cursor which earlier it used to show.

Can any one suggest what is the reason behind the same and what is the solution.

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello Shalini,

I'm happy to work with you to sort what's happening in Update 40. Could you help me with these key details?

• Do these issues happen during preview, in the published output, or both?
  • If this affects the published output, what browser(s) are you using to view the content?
  • Are you comfortable with sharing the .story file with us through this private link? That way, we can publish the course and test it in SCORM Cloud—a free, industry-standard testing LMS tool!
Shalini Negi

Hi Katie,

The issue happens in the publish output and that too only when i publish it for only HTML5.

The browser what i used was chrome and IE both latest versions.

Sorry i can not share the .story file as it is confidential.

But, just to add to it i wanted to mention that it only happens when i have added n numbers of graphic, text and audio video elements in the timeline at a same time.

Also, i wanted to share you the AICC (HTML5) published output package screenshot to point out the difference between the 34 and 40 version of 360. If that make any sense.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Shalini!

I'm happy to step in! Have you tried testing the course in SCORM Cloud—a free, industry-standard testing LMS tool?  If so, did you see the same outcome with audio overlapping?

Next, are you allowed to share a screen recording of what is happening with the audio? Unfortunately, I'm not experiencing the same issue in my courses so I'd love to have a visual of what you're seeing on your end.

Lastly, the published output between Update 34 and Update 40 has changed to be more compressed. Storyline used to include both HTML and Flash content in the published output folder. Now that Storyline doesn't rely on Flash, you'll see the published output doesn't include as many files! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.