Backgrounds

Apr 25, 2018

Hi all,

A newbie question here, so I apologize if it's already answered somewhere else. I've created an e-learning that needs to have a different slide background for the exact same content. In essence, 2 files with the only difference being the background. How can I import the slide background without having to do all the grunt work of rebuilding a separate file with exact same animations, audio etc... Am I making sense?

2 Replies
William Hirsch

Hi Christopher,

If all of the slides (or even most of them) in a given story (file) are the same, and it is that background that needs to be different between the two files, then it sounds like you may want to edit/create a slide master with the background you'd like and use that master for the slides in question.  You could then, for any additional stories (files) simply modify the one slide master with the new background.  If you're familiar with slide masters in PowerPoint, the concept is very similar.

This E-Learning Heroes page should explain how to work with slide masters (and may provide you with some other great tips along the way).

Let me know if you find this helpful or if you have any questions at all.

-Billy H

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.