Baked in Table Results in Publish Error
Jul 31, 2019
Has anyone else experienced publishing issues with tables**? Is this just a bug that Articulate does not have a solution for?
I was building a course this last week in which a table was used. Since the client did not have an already existing table for the content, I created one within the Storyline file so edits could be easily implemented. When it was time to publish the course, both my colleagues and I could not publish the course.
Eventually, after exhausting all other options, we started publishing the course with a different slide removed each time. Thankfully, the course was only 8 slides. By doing this, we discovered that the slide with the table* I created was the slide that was causing the publishing error.
As a solution, I made a separate file that only contained the table. Then, I exported the table out as a .png and used it to replace the editable table from the course I needed to publish.
* We also noticed on the problem slide that if the space-bar was used at all to pause the timeline while playing it, we received the same error message we were getting when we were unsuccessful with publishing.
** We tried publishing the course with the original table on several different accounts, one that was recently updated and on an account that did not have the most up to date articulate apps. We even tried publishing locally on our desktops, and trying to publish to different locations on our server. Nothing was working. We even tried creating a new Storyline file and imported the slides from the problem file.