Blurry images after importing to Storyline 360

Aug 22, 2019

So I have been searching this forum and might get myself confused. I have imported images (e.g., charts, forms, etc.) to Storyline 360, and it got blurry once they were imported. What are the best practices for importing images? 

Note: My Storyline Stage size is 1024 by 576. 

6 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ben,

We do have some best practice tips for images and videos, which you can check out here.

You mentioned your story size, but what size are your images and are they being re-sized?

I agree with Stefan and if we could take a look at your .story file, that would be helpful. If you cannot share it here in the forums, you are welcome to share here privately for our team to take a look and the file will be deleted when troubleshooting is completed.

Benny Kurniawan

Hi all,

Thank you for your quick response. The size of the image is a little bit different. The width of the image is the same as the stage's width but the height is not. I was using it in the Scrolling pane. I have submitted the file into the support (id: 01935095). Any suggestions or advice are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Rachelle, 

One of the more common causes of blurry images in a Storyline 360 project is a mismatch between the resolution of the image being added and the story size of the project. Here's an article on our best practices for high quality images and videos

You'll want to make sure that the resolution of your images matches the size of your project slides. If the resolution of the images and the size of your slides are not too far off from each other, would you be willing to upload a copy of your project file here or in private through a support case so we can take a look at what's happening?