Bug: Exit 360 editing mode while scene window is detached leads to error

Sep 19, 2023

Hello everyone,

Every time I detach the scene window to place it on my second screen, Storyline runs into an error when I exit the 360 panorama editing mode. The detached scene window is then empty and another scene window is attached to its usual position within Storyline.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks a lot
Marc

2 Replies
Richard Watson

Marc,

I am running build v3.80.30988.0 of Storyline 360. Here is what I was able to recreate.

1. Created two scenes with a single slide in each

2. Added a 360-degree image to each slide

3. Detached the Scene 1 panel and placed it on my second monitor

4. On my primary monitor, I clicked the Edit 360 image

5. Scene 1 panel disappears from my second monitor and Scene 2 shows as empty

6. If I click Scene 2 (blank slide), it generates an Articulate Storyline Error report message as shown below.

Providing in case someone from Articulate's programming-side needs additional information.

Richard

-------------

error message provided (e.g.,looks like the program is trying to access or use an object that has not been initialized or is set to to null. Also looks like the error occurred in a method related to the StoryBoardSidePanel and FormClosingEventArgs). 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<ErrorReport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<UserId>auth0|7e1a7c30-fbfb-0131-1cab-22000b2f96a1</UserId>
<HardwareId>9T36Q-9E35N-73FV7-1AUU9-VT1PR</HardwareId>
<Message>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Message>
<StackTrace> at void Articulate.Storyline.Storyboard.StoryBoardSidePanel.EnsureFloatingWindow()+(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs args) =&gt; { } [2]
at void System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at void System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(ref Message m)
at void System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(ref Message m)
at void Articulate.Windows.Forms.Metro.MetroForm.WndProc(ref Message m)
at void System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(ref Message m)
at void System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(ref Message m)
at IntPtr System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, int msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)</StackTrace>
</ErrorReport>

Jose Tansengco

Hello Marc,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf so we can have our support engineers verify if the behavior you're experiencing is a bug. You're in good hands, and someone from our team will be in touch shortly via email to help!

Special thanks for the additional information Richard, this will be super helpful to our support team's investigation!