Building a 100-Question exam in Storyline?

May 15, 2013

Hello,

My company has been using Articulate Quizmaker to create smaller exams (20-30 questions) and that has been working fine.  However, we now have 100-question exams to build and in Quizmaker, with one question on each slide, it is not a pleasant experience for the learner.  We have been exploring Storyline with the hopes of putting multiple graded questions on each slide.  For reference, our exams are for health professionals taking continuing education courses.  For the larger courses, they like to read a chapter, answer the questions for that chapter, save them, and return at a later date to continue.  These chapters usually have a range of 5-15 questions and they are all multiple choice.

If it is possible, we would like to put one chapter of questions on each slide.  I have been playing around in Storyline, but despite many helpful tutorials, I am having trouble getting the program to do what I want.

Please let me know if this is possible.

As summary:

- A chapter of questions (5-15) per slide.  (I have been playing around with the scrolling panel for this).  I have read that it is possible to have multiple graded questions per slide, but I'm still struggling with getting this feature to work for me.

- The ability to see all of these questions at once (by request of the learner).  I know about the hidden feature, but that is not ideal for us.

- All of these questions need to be graded separately, but not "submitted" for a final grade until the learner has completed the full exam.

Thank you so much!

Melanie

1 Reply
Geert De Rycke

Hi Melanie,

When using graded/non-graded quizzes you're limited in SL to 1 question/slide :(

What I usually do, is have some questions scattered around the course, which in the end make up around 50 questions.

In your case, you can have some quiz questions after each chapter, giving relevant feedback to the chapter.

On your result slide, you'll just have to select the different slides which you want to add to the total...

This gives you the flexibility to have questions asked when you most need it, instead of having (indeed) 100 questions in a row (boring)

Cheers

Geert

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.