Can multiple authors work on a Storyline 360 file?

May 24, 2017

Can multiple authors work on a Storyline 360 file? In my case, it would be two designers who have licenses on the same 360 team account.

If we can't share access to a file through 360, what is the best way to share files? I know Articulate files are not always compatible with network drives.

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Absolutely, Laurel! Here's the process we recommend for working collaboratively in Storyline 360:

1. After creating, editing, or publishing a Storyline project on your local hard drive, copy the project file to your network drive for storage and sharing.
  2. When you need to edit or publish the story again, copy it back to your local hard drive.
  3. Edit and publish as necessary.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3.

And for extra credit, check out this article for everything you need to know about being part of a Articulate 360 teams account. 😎

Christine Brown

Thank you for this question! We are discussing this very topic and have some questions. Consider this scenario: 

Let's say I'm working on my hard drive on a Storyline 360 project. I've included video and graphics created by my colleagues. To use these, it's my understanding that I should download these assets onto my hard drive, then import them into my Storyline project. What happens if I need to hand this course development over to a colleague? Do I upload the .story file and all of the media I've imported  to our network? Then, would they have to download the .story file and all the media to their hard drive to work on it? Any thoughts on this would be wonderful. Thank you!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Christine!  This is a great conversation to have.

Once your media is inserted into your project, it becomes a part of your file. Maybe you need to include the same media on multiple slides for consistency.  If that's the case, check out slide masters.  You can recycle a basic layout with the same content multiple times.

You're right that the .story file needs to be worked on from the local C: drive, and initially saved there.  So any assets that aren't yet in the project should be treated the same way.  It might be helpful to store those in a folder with your .story project, and zip that folder for sharing with your colleagues.

We recommend this workflow to reduce the risk of corruption to both your .story file and your assets.  Those extra steps can go a long way!

Melissa Lucas

Hello all, 

We have recently added a team member who will be working with me on our .storyline files, is this still the recommended process to work collaboratively in Storyline 360? We were wondering if there is a cloud based solution, similar to Adobe Creative Cloud, for storing our .storyline files so everyone has access to our team files. All the copy and pasting seems like alot if you have a team of people working on a project together.