Captions stuck when going through videos in latest SL360

Feb 27, 2020

Hi everyone,

We're able to cause a bug when a video caption is showing then going back to a previous video, multiple layers of captions appears the stuck lines are from the previously played video.

To replicate,

1. Play a video with captions.

2. Pause when a line in caption is showing.

3. Go to another video. Then you'll see on the first line of the caption, the line when you paused will appear in this new video.

We tested on Chrome and Firefox latest versions, and we can replicate the issue.

Does anyone here know a fix? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Michael!

Thank you for taking the time to share this! You're correct, we've logged this issue as a bug where the captions stack when pausing the timeline and jumping to another slide/layer that has a video.

I've added your comments to the report as we are still tracking customer impact! I've added this discussion to the report as well so that we can return here when we have a fix.

I hope we can return with an update soon!

Ren Gomez
Hi Michael,

We just released another update for Articulate 360 and included a few important fixes for Storyline 360 that you'll see in the release notes.
The issue you were running into where Closed Captions from multiple layers could display simultaneously and audio/video content that was duplicated on multiple slides with different captions resulted in the wrong captions being shown has been fixed.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.