Change state of button to In Progress till all different slides are complete then change it to green

Oct 15, 2022

Hi heroes, I would like to change the state of a marker in the screenshot to yellow to show an IN PROGRESS status then go to other slides to complete other actions then the marker in the main slide changes to green once actions on the other slides are complete. I have also attached a source file to give some context. Please help.

11 Replies
Michael Hinze

Have a look at the attached and see if that's what you wanted. Rather than using the built-in Visited state (this state is shown automatically when the object is clicked), I use a custom "Completed" state. I also changed the order of the triggers on the WP object, so that the InProgress state is called BEFORE you jump to the next slide.

Michael Hinze

No worries, keep learning and if you run into issues you can always post your question in the community; someone will help you. Seems like a cool project, I would love to see the finished version. I have been dabbling in drones and flight management software as a hobby, so I'm curious! Here and here are two examples of my drone-related Storyline projects.

Michael Hinze

Yes, I did that, but the button said "View", so I didn't think you wanted to print as well. I'm not a Javascript expert, but there are code snippets available, something like:

<html>
   <body>
      <button onclick="display()">Click to Print</button>
      <script>
         function display() {
            window.print();
         }
      </script>
   </body>