Closed Caption

Apr 11, 2023

Can closed caption be added to each slide in a storyline file?  Not just related to a video, just a regular slide that has been narrated? The slide would have text, but the narration may have a transition statement.

4 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Gigi,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

As Phil stated, you can import closed captions for narration and videos. If you don’t have caption files to import, you can create closed captions and subtitles from scratch with the built-in editor.

I hope this helps! If you run into any trouble, please reach out here or privately in a support case!

Lisa Kiser

Hi, I hope you don't mind me tagging onto this thread as I'm creating a course with CC.

Just so I understand, I would need the help of a third-party captioning service to create the SRT, VTT, SBV, and SUB files to import that format automatically into storyline if, I want to avoid creating the CC manually via the Accessibility/Built-in-editor feature, is that correct? 

Eric Santos

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out, and you're very much welcome to tag onto this thread! You are correct; you can add captions using Storyline's built-in editor or import an existing caption file. If you'd like to import the caption (SRT, VTT, SBV, or SUB) but don't have the caption file yet, you can use a third-party captioning tool to generate one.

Let me know if you have other questions!