Content Library not loading

Aug 12, 2020

The Content Library in Articulate Storyline is not working. All the images load as exclamation marks. I've seen this reported elsewhere in other historical threads, but I don't see how to resolve it. I have the latest version of Articulate Storyline and Articulate 360 installed. When I try to insert one of the files even though I can't see them, I get an error message that says "The selected illustrations were not downloaded successfully. Please check your connection to Articulate 360 and try again." But my connection seems fine. Please help!

6 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Meril and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

Thanks for reaching out and describing what you are seeing when accessing the content library.

Please ask your network admin to open port 443 and add the domains in this article to your organization's allowlist for your Articulate 360 apps to work properly.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help!

Sheri Matt

I have been having the same issue for the past few days.  The strange thing is sometimes it does load and sometimes it doesn't.  I used to have this happen quite often and it has been better for a while now.  Well, yesterday photos, icons, illustrations were not loading, then when I tried late afternoon, they were loading, and now this morning they are exclamation points again.  I have consulted with my IS team and gave them the article and domain and endpoint information.  They said if those weren't set up the images wouldn't be able to load at all.  

What can I do?

Lauren Connelly

Hi Sheri!

Sorry, you're running into an issue where the Content Library isn't loading in Storyline 360.

First, I'd recommend repairing Storyline 360. If this doesn't do the trick, we'll need our Support Engineers to take a deeper look at what might be getting in the way of the Content Library assets loading. Please use this link to connect with a Support Engineer.