Course will not resume to correct slide

Nov 03, 2017

We created a Storyline 3 project with 230 slides and loaded to our Moodle (1.9) for LMS testing. The issue we had is that it won't take us to the slide we left when resume. We found that at the first 30 slides, it's fine -- the resume slide is correct. After 30, it's always back to the 30th.

Does anybody have the same issue?

I checked the forum that some had this issue 4 or 5 years ago. It said the project sent back more information than LMS can cope with. I wonder what information would be sent back to LMS? Is it the project variables, or the other things like color size for each slide? If 30 slides would be a full size, how can we deal with the other 200's. Just wonder if the issue has been fixed, or if there is any work around ways.

Please suggest. It's really frustrated.

Thank you.

Wenqing

5 Replies
Dan Marsden

sounds like the suspenddata limits being hit - the SCORM 1.2 spec defines a limit for the amount of data that can be stored in the suspend_data variable. Newer versions of Moodle allow you to disable this limit by unticking a box called "enable standards mode" which breaks SCORM compliance with the spec but allows this to work.

But - Moodle 1.9 is not supported any more either and you could be running into a completely different bug (and will likely run into many other known SCORM bugs with such an old Moodle release.). You should be prioritising an upgrade to a recent supported version of Moodle - I suspect you may want to stop hosting it yourself and go for a managed Moodle hosting service with a Moodle partner so that you don't run into this issue again (using an unsupported/buggy Moodle release.) If you have a smaller site you may also want to look at using the official Moodlecloud.com site.

Moodle 1.9 is almost 10 years old now, and contains some known security issues that could allow a malicious user to compromise your site - it also contains many incompatibilities with more modern web browser versions released since 2008 - you really shouldn't be using it at all.

(Full disclosure: I work for a Moodle Partner)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.