Custom Icon Markers on a 360 Image

Jun 22, 2022

Hey! Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find any info anywhere.

I'm trying to create a site tour using 360 images in Storyline, and want the first few slides to be instructions on how to navigate the 360 images. 

The idea I have for the 'click and drag the image to explore' instruction is to 'find all the company logo's in order to progress'. I wanted to just place a few markers around which when all have been  'found'/clicked on it would progress to the next slide.

However, when I've gone to build this, the markers only let me change the icon to ones in Storyline/Content Library. I can't upload my own ie company logo. Is their a way to do that without using a label? Or am I stuck with the default selections.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out!

While adding custom markers is currently not possible in Storyline 360, you can add your company's logo appearance to existing markers by editing their states. Here's a quick video to show how this is done: 

The basic idea is to edit one of the states of the markers to include a 'picture fill' using your company's logo image. You can also raise a feature request to our product team if you'd like to see more customization options for markers in future releases of Storyline 360. 

Let me know if this works for you!