custom navigation on master slide not working storyline 360

Mar 29, 2019

So I created a course using the master slide for the custom navigation. I have triggers on the master slide to have the next button be disabled or normal or highlighted. the Next button state is set to normal. So once a slide is done it marks the slide variable to true. in the master slide, I have the trigger to change the next button state to disabled when the timeline starts if slideVariable is = false. So the next button will only be available if you have already completed that slide.

I can't get the next button to change. I have tried it the opposite way and have the initial state set to disabled and still had the same issue. 

I assumed that every time a new slides start the master slide is restarting so the triggers are being run each time a new slide starts. If that is true something is wrong with my triggers. 

any help appreciated

Thanks

dawn

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Dawn,

It looks like this is caused by the additional variables/triggers you're using to adjust the next button for future slides. Since they're all on the same master slide, those are applied at the restart of a slide even if that variable isn't being used. For example, I recorded a quick video showcasing the variable that is tripping up the navigation on slide 1.2 after you've used the back button to revisit it. 

Hope that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.