Shift+click & Ctrl+click

Sep 06, 2018

Is there an easier way to create a custom tab order other than moving the items up and down in the list one at a time? I would love to be able to shift + click or ctrl+click to move multiple items at once. This functionality would be great with triggers as well!

6 Replies
Christopher Dawes

Thanks Alyssa. Not for this to sound the wrong way, but how long does it actually take for suggestions to get implemented? I've found postings from over 5 years ago with the same requests. Shift+click and Ctrl+click seem to be pretty standard in most software applications, as well as the suggestions that Matthew added.

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Christopher,

Alyssa's out of office today, but I'd be happy to answer that.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful in understanding any potential timing or implementation.

I've gathered yours and Matthew's request along with another one that a user shared with our team to be sure the impact is not lost and we can properly track this request.

Trinity Ryan

Please add my vote to this feature request as well. We have a course we're developing that has ~40 screens, each with upwards of 30 elements on them, by the time you include the global buttons (and layers) that come from the master slide.

I would love to be able to:

• set a tab order on the master slide and have that reflect on the slides built with that master
  • AND also be able to group items and move them together up/down the tab order.

But all of Matthew's suggestions above sound great! So far we've spent 4 days on this and it will be at least 5 by the time we finalise it. And that's when we started with accessibility in mind, so built the screens thoughtfully.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, everyone.

I have great news to share!

We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 63, we’ve included important fixes, new features, and enhancements.

One of the enhancements we’ve included is:

Customize the accessibility focus order faster. Select multiple objects, then move or remove them all at once.

For additional information, check out this article!

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.