Customize the Invalid Answer Message in 360

May 16, 2019

Hi all,
i have been searching for an answer to this in the forum, but without luck. How do I customize the invalid answer feedback that pops up for text and drad and drop questions? I want to not only change the text (I know how to) but also the look and feel according to the customers visual guidelines.
I saw the solution for Storyline 2, but cannot seem to find it for Storyline 360.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Antje,

If you're looking to customize how the pop up appears you can still use a similar method to what you saw for Storyline 2 of creating a custom layer and some triggers/conditions to check the state of the answers.

If you find yourself stuck while setting this up in Storyline 360, let us know! We're here to help and would love to have you share your .story file with the community. 

Patty Brandt-Waldo

Hello. I am having trouble figuring out how to show my customized Invalid Answer layer when a user does not enter in any information into the Text Entry field. Currently, when a user types in information, the information carries over to the correct layer. However, when a user doesn't type in any information, both my customized Invalid Answer shows as well as the built in option.  Can anyone help? 

Vincent Scoma

Hi Dana,

Thank you for reaching out!! 

It looks like you shared the Published Output for the course. May I ask if you could share the .story file so we could take a closer look? If you would prefer to send it privately, you are welcome to use this link here.

While the guide provided above is a bit older, it provides some great steps on how to approach a custom invalid message: 

Please let us know if you have any questions! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.