Different presentation in different browser

Hi, I am using Articulate Storyline 360 for building the course. I am facing some issue while playing the course in browser. The slide presentation looks different in different browser.

  1. The placement of the callouts is perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, but change in Google Chrome {refer attached file: position_issue}
  2. The text is perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, but some of them looks bold in Google Chrome {refer attached file: bold_issue}

Please suggest.



7 Replies
Becca Levan

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing those helpful screenshots!

  • Do you see these differences when you preview your project in Storyline or only after publishing? 
  • Have you tried importing the slides into a new blank Storyline file to see if that helps? 

If you're comfortable sharing your file publicly here, I'd be happy to take a look on my end, and I'll delete it once I finish testing!

Becca Levan

Hello again, Rahul!

Thanks so much for sharing your file! I tested in SCORM Cloud, and I saw what you described where the callout changes position when viewing the course in Google Chrome. I tested with Version 91.0.4472.77. 

From here, I'd like our support engineers to step in and help investigate further. You should've received an email from me confirming that I've opened a support case on your behalf. Stay tuned for someone from my team to reach out with the next step!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Rahul,

We do not have an update at this time.

I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

In the meantime, I would suggest one of the workarounds shared:

  • Use Internet Explorer or Firefox to view the output file.
  • Use Rectangle and line shapes and group them together instead of using line callouts.

This conversation as well as your support case is tied to our report so we will be sure to update you when we have additional information to share.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rahul.

I just wanted to share that we are no longer seeing the bug reported where the line callouts shift position when the published output is viewed using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge using the latest build of Storyline (3.61.27106.0).

If you're using the latest version and you're still experiencing this issue, please reach out to our support team through a case