Disable Next button

Feb 11, 2019

Hello Community

I have a SL3 lesson that has a few slides with interaction eg. drag and drop, click and reveal.  I thought that there may be a way to only allow the user to advance to the next slide after the timeline ends (for those slides with no interaction) or once all interaction is complete in Story View.  Or, do I have to go into each slide individually and add variables and triggers?

Thank you,

Linda

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Linda! That's a great question!

• For slides that have no interaction, you can use the Restricted Navigation setting in the menu. This means learners can view the current slide and any slide they previously viewed, but they can't jump ahead or skip over slides using the course menu. If you also want to restrict the player navigation buttons, mark the corresponding box to Restrict Next/Previous buttons.
  • For slides with interaction, you'll want to create variables and triggers to enable the next button once the learner has completed a slide. For example, if the learner should click on a series of buttons, you would use this trigger: "Change state of Next button to Normal when the state of all the buttons is Visited."

If you need help with a particular slide, let us know! And if you can share a sample file, that would be helpful, too. 

Linda Hummel

Thanks, Alyssa.  This was helpful.  I dug up some instructions for the slides with interaction and they were easy to follow, making the work for the impacted slides quicker and easier than I expected.  I was just hoping to be able to take care of all of them by highlighting the slides I wanted and making the change once in Story View!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.