Drag and drop issues

Mar 06, 2014

I'm trying to do a freeform drag and drop interaction.  For starters, I can't figure out why some items (i.e. microwave) are not draggable while other items are. I'm attaching my .story file and here is a link to it: http://s3.amazonaws.com/tempshare-stage.storyline.articulate.com/stp18ibg9jeo1p1sfcshfi1p1ifv34/story.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L

3 Replies
Leon Geschwind

Hi Simon,

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Certain items (I.e. Microwave, table, bicycle, etc) are not droppable. They snap back to their original position once you release them. Others are droppable such as the bottled water, radio, cash, etc.

Any reason for the discrepancy?  I want to create an interactive where all items are droppable in the backpack... However, only certain ones are correct.  Can't do the rest of it, if certain items aren't droppable.  Make sense 

Thanks,

Leon

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Leon,

I took a look at your file, and think there may be something happening with the file itself as this is what I see when I first open the file this is what I see on the base layer:

I don't see the "incorrect" box when previewing, and I also tried to import it into a new project to see if it would resolve the behavior and it persisted which again makes me feel like something is up with the file. When creating, editing, and publishing Articulate Storyline courses, be sure you're working on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, such as file corruption, an inability to save changes, and loss of resources. See this article for more information.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.