error on Publish

Jun 22, 2022

This morning, I installed the latest update. From then on, when I try to Publish a story, the system gives me an error. "We're sorry, something went wrong ...." I click the 'send' button to send the 'information' but I have no reply and I cannot figure out what the problem is. The story(s) published fine last week. The only slide I changed was the last slide, in this case the RESULTS slide, I changes the font size and added an extra shape that exits the module when clicked.

What went wrong ? 


11 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi e-learning Academy,

I'm sorry for the issues with your publishing, but I'm happy to help! Can you tell me a bit more about your set up, such as: 

  • Are you publishing locally to your desktop or C: drive? 
  • Is this happening on all your files or just this particular project file? 

If you feel comfortable sharing your project file in this thread, we'd be happy to take a look and replicate on our end. 


e-learning Academy

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.

- I publish to my D drive because we cannot write on the C drive. 

- it happens with ALL files I am working on for the moment.

I have attached 1 file that published fine last week and it is in our LMS system. They asked me to change the last (result) slide.

I also would like to know how the 'information' file can help me to solve this issue.

Again, thank you very much! 



Jürgen Schoenemeyer

your error was not an memory error (as mine)

<Message>The type initializer for 'NativeMagickImageCollection' three an exception</Message>

but at the same function 'Articulate.Design.Shapes.Picture.AddVectorData' like my problem

=> svg export while publish

with version 3.63 the import/export of images (and svg) was changed

Fixed: We improved how Storyline 360 handles images during import and in the published output, resulting in crisper images.

in principle a good fix, which finally solved the problems with PNGs without transparency

before PNG (24 bit)  where imported as jpeg (quality 60) und exported as very big PNGs with transparency (and visible jpeg artefacts)

it seems the many variations svg and the using svg  in storyline was not testet complete for this fix