Errors logged in developer console for graded question slides

Hi all,

 

We are seeing errors being logged in the developer console for graded question slides ever since we installed Storyline 3.5... and these errors still occur now that we have installed version 3.6...

This happens both in Internet Explorer as in Google Chrome. Any of you seen the same things?

We are looking into this ever since we are having problems with hanging courses and hanging loading cursors and we want to rule out all possible causes. The errors being logged are:

* Unable to get property 'setAttribute' of undefined or null reference

* Warning: forceUpdate(...): Can only update a mounted or mounting component. This usually means you called forceUpdate() on an unmounted component. This is a no-op. Please check the code for the VectorSlideObject component.

Hope some one recognizes this and can help us out.

 

Regards,

Chris

13 Replies
Sheetal Deopurkar

Hello, I am facing the same warning as below. Can you please suggest  any solution?

Warning: forceUpdate(...): Can only update a mounted or mounting component. This usually means you called forceUpdate() on an unmounted component. This is a no-op. Please check the code for the VectorSlideObject component.

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Sheetal,

It looks like from Chris's case there was a need to update to the latest version of Storyline (Storyline 3, build 3.6.18134.0 or Storyline 360, build 3.26.18364.0) and our team helped fix a trigger. 

Do you know what version of Storyline you're using? If you'd like us to take a look at . your course too, we're happy to dig in! Reach out to our Support Team here and share the .story file. 

Jaimon Jacob

Hi - We are in the latest version and still getting this error. Did anyone have any other solution? We found this in log when investigating an issue where state of a shape doesn't change as expected with a trigger that listens to a variable change. The error targets to the location "app.min.js:3 "

 

sophia xing

Hi - We see the same problem here using the latest version of SL360. Is there any solutions on this issue in the past few months?  Warning: forceUpdate(...): Can only update a mounted or mounting component. This usually means you called forceUpdate() on an unmounted component. This is a no-op. Please check the code for the VectorSlideObject component.

Barbara Hurst

Thought I'd chime in on this issue since I'm still seeing this problem with the latest update, 3.37.21614.0 that was released two days ago.  Unfortunately, I am unable to share our content with your Support Team.

I'm getting the same forceUpdate() error when every content slide in loads in Internet Explorer.

We are also seeing this warning:  could not find slide in string table npnxnanbnsnfns10110000101.  It appears to be intermittent, or at least, I can't determine any repeatable consistency.

Earl Thomas

Good Day All,

I had similar errors when running my course and after a lengthy debugging (I still do not know why) I got it to work. It seems that using gradient type and/or colors when formatting your objects could be the primary reason for this error.

I had a slide that used gradients to format the buttons then executing a slide with no gradient formatting and the error kept appearing. I then bypassed the slide with gradient formatting and went directly to the slide with no gradient formatting and the error was gone.

I will be redesigning the gradient formatted slide not to use gradient type and colors on buttons. Not sure if this will help to find a solutions to the problem developers are experiencing.

Alex Gonzalez

I'm experiencing a similar problem. The course keeps loading forever in the same exact point. If I open the console I see the familiar message:

Warning: setState(...): Can only update a mounted or mounting component. This usually means you called setState() on an unmounted component. This is a no-op. Please check the code for the AccText component.

I have opened the case #02709938. In my case it happens when moving from a content slide to any other slide, so no quiz questions involved here.

 

Edit: After being helped by Gerald from technical support, apparently my problem was caused by the simplest thing: a missing font. I thought I'd shared it here.