Exit Button Not Working

Mar 21, 2018

Can you add an exit button on to a results slide? My exit button when published in SCORM 1.2 is not working even when course opens in a new browser window. When exit button is clicked, it asks the user to resume where they left off or restart, and completions are not recording.  I do have the exit button on the results slide and was wondering if that could be an issue.  Any ideas?

9 Replies
Joanne Temmel

Thank you.  I do have a follow-up question.  I am now thinking I need to track by slide completions and direct users to exit by closing the browser window.  If you track completions by number of slides viewed, I assume you must also "restrict" your menu so users take the slides in order (to avoid confusion on the user's end).  Are there any others triggers or prompts needed in Storyline 360 if  you track by completions and restrict the menu?    Also, does 360 come with a completion trigger?  I do not see in the Trigger Wizard menu. Thank you!  

Joanne Temmel

This is what I see in my trigger wizard for Storyline 360.I just purchased the software in December. (As you can tell I am new to this!) The completion trigger just does not seem to be showing up, and I only have two options for tracking when I publish. See below.

There are two issues I am trying to solve for. I originally had the completion set to a hidden quiz, but when we published the course to our training vendor’s LMS, the course did not mark to complete AND the exit button asked if I wanted to resume or restart the course. As a result, I am thinking I need to try another option altogether. The vendor does this all the time and cannot determine why the course is not completing.

Is there a 360 update I am missing?
Thank you so much for your help!

[cid:image003.jpg@01D3C2BB.528C36B0]

[cid:image004.png@01D3C2BB.5264B180]

Wendy Farmer

Hi Joanne

looks like you have replied via email and unfortunately attachments don't display here in the forum.

Sounds like you may not be on the latest version of SL360. The Course complete trigger was introduced in  version February 20, 2018 (Build 3.13.14869.0). Here is a link to the version history and here is a link how to update to the latest version

Joanne Temmel

Thanks Phil, but my version of 360 does not have a completion trigger for some reason, and I do not have that as a third option for tracking when I publish. See images below. I purchased the software in December so I assume I have the latest version. Any ideas?

And thank you for the help!
[cid:image003.jpg@01D3C2BB.528C36B0]

[cid:image004.png@01D3C2BB.5264B180]

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.