Result slide

May 15, 2014

I have a custom result slide in which I have added an Exit button. The exit button has tigger to first submit the results and then a second trigger to Exit the course.  When the Exit button is clicked, the user should get a message from Sum Total to click ok.  (this is currently working for another course).   The course shows an incomplete or pass and is not recording on transcripts.

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Stephanie and welcome to Heroes!

There are a few things I'd check first - the trigger order would matter here, and you'd want the submit results trigger to appear first. There are also some known reasons why the exit button may not work as expected. 

The default behavior for the "submit results" trigger is to submit it when the timeline starts on the slide, is there a particular reason you need it on the exit button? 

Stephanie Watkins

Ashley - Triggers are set as Submit results and then  the exit trigger.    I have it working in another course but  this one it is not working.. We add an Exit button on our result side to make it easier for staff to exit the course and results be submitted properly.  I am thinking maybe it is corrupted and i should restart the course.  I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and still it is not working.

I have tried to remove the Exit trigger and just use submit result trigger and nothing happens when the course is published.

Hi Stephanie, 

If you'd like I'm happy to take a look at your file and see if I can get it to work in SCORM Cloud, or you're also welcome to test it there as well. I can then see how you've set it up to try and test setting up the same thing in my own files to see if it really is a corruption issue - but if you have the exact same set up in another course, I suspect your right with that assessment. 

Hassan Mujtaba

Hi Stephanie,

What do you mean by custom result slide? Did you use Storyline blank resuld slide and formatted it accordingly to display your result?

I know for tracking , reporting and passing score to LMS, we have to use either Graded Result Slide or Blank result slide {Ashley, please correct me if I am wrong}. I am not aware of any third options while remaining within Storyline (I mean not using JavaScript). 

Once the proper result slide has been setup, all the graded questions have be included in it, and then it should be setup to report to LMS.

I would be happy to take a look at your file if it is possible to share. I am usually on the forum during weekends. 

Good luck.

Hi Stephanie,

If you'd like us to take a look you can share the .story file here with us (or even a sample/mocked up version that exhibits the same behavior) by attaching it with the paperclip icon. If you'd prefer not to share here in the forums, let us know and I can send you directions on how to share with me privately. 

Hassan, you're correct - you'll need a results slide to submit the results to the LMS and you'll see there is a trigger automatically created to submit those results when you add in a results slide. Presumably if you added a blank slide, and then set up the triggers as they would appear on a inserted results slide, it would be the same behavior. 

Just as an update - we tested Stephanie course at SCORM Cloud where the score and completion status were recorded. Stephanie has reached out to her LMS as when running in her LMS and enabling LMS debug mode - the information is submitted as expected. If there is any further information to share we'll update the thread. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.