external_files folder modified by SharePoint 2013

Jun 20, 2014

Several of our courses link to PDF job aids which, when published, are put into an external_files folder in the course structure. We recently upgraded to SharePoint 2013 and when you create a folder called “external_files”, SharePoint changes it to “external_files_” and therefore the link to the PDF is broken since the folder no longer has the right name.  

I did a little research and found out this is a feature of SharePoint— if you have a folder with “_files” in the name, it adds an underscore to the end. Is there a way for me to customize the name of this external_files folder when publishing?

5 Replies
Justin Grenier

Good Afternoon Nancy, and welcome to Heroes!

Storyline has no no built-in method for changing the subfolder name where attached resources are published.  As an alternative, I'd recommend the following:

• Upload your PDF Job Aids directly to SharePoint, and copy their public URLs to your Windows Clipboard.
  • When attaching resources to the player, reference those public SharePoint URLs instead of attaching the files themselves:

Please let us know if you need anything else.  Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.