Failed to import PowerPoint Presentation

Apr 21, 2024

I'm not able to import a PowerPoint presentation from my OneDrive\Desktop folder.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to save the PPT in a format that's accepted, even if it opens "online."

1 Reply
eLearn Dev

Hi Nancy,

I see you're having trouble importing a PowerPoint presentation into Articulate Storyline 360 from your OneDrive Desktop folder. While Storyline doesn't directly accept online file formats, there are a couple of ways to get your presentation imported:

1. Save the PowerPoint file locally:

• Open the presentation in PowerPoint.
  • Click "File" > "Save As."
  • Choose a location on your computer (outside of OneDrive) and save the file as a .pptx file format.
  • Try importing this local .pptx file into Storyline.

Additional Tips:

• Make sure your PowerPoint and Storyline software are updated to the latest versions.
  • Check if the problematic presentation contains any unsupported elements like embedded fonts or complex animations. Removing these might help with import.

If you've tried these suggestions and still face issues, consider sharing more details about the error message or specific elements causing the import failure. The community can provide more targeted advice.

Hope this helps!