Fill in a Form

Mar 07, 2022

Hi 

I have created one Articulate file where I want to submit all the answers of all the slides on submit button on last slide. (they can change the answer before submit)

First slide is a form to fill person's personal details. This slide should have 4 or 5 text fields which can contain any answers(no condition check).

Other slide would be checklists containing more than nine options.

I am not getting their answers after users submit this exam.

Any solution?  

8 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Srushti, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for reaching out! 

When you say you're "not getting their answers after users submit this exam", do you mean it's not being reported to your Learning Management System? 

When working with multiple text entry fields on a slide, you need a way to submit those responses to the LMS through a variable. I recommend taking a look at the steps in this tutorial as a starting point:

Here are a few additional discussions that are similar to what you're looking to accomplish:

I hope this helps!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Srushti.

Thank you for sharing the .story file!

Usually, for each entry field on your slide, you will need to add a separate question so the variable can be submitted to the LMS. However, since you have a Javascript trigger that combines those fields, we can use that variable instead ("combine").

I followed the steps in the article I previously sent you and created a survey question slide after slide 1.2. That survey slide sends the value of the "combine" variable to the LMS as a single text entry field. 

I'm attaching the edited .story file here (you will notice I also covered the slide with a black rectangle - this also helps hide the information from the user). 

Below are the results I received after testing the project in SCORM Cloud:

SCORM Cloud Reporting 2022-03-11 at 4.43.28 PM

I also want to give you a heads up that your Javascript trigger had a typo. See below:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-03-11 at 4.51.03 PM

Let me know if this works or if you have additional questions!

Srushti Vaghani

Thank you Maria,

I am getting combine output but now the other problems are:

There has to be a review button in result slide. So I added one and while reviewing the answers:

Problem1: The first slide, it is showing the incorrect answer as there has to be a correct referral answer to grade it. (Can we go will any answer will be correct for short answer?)

Problem2: The blank slide, it is giving me a Invalid answer popup.

After submitting surveys, while checking the track records in workday:

Problem3: I want a question instead of 'short answer' so anyone can easily get idea that this answer refers to this question.

Problem4: If I submit Agree or Disagree for the last question, it shows me false in workday.

Please check the attached files to understand these problems more clearly.

I tried everything that I can still not getting any luck!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Srushti.

Thank you for the screenshots!

I'll try my best to help you troubleshoot, but since this is a question on a custom design, and you're using Javascript, this might be a better question for our community members. 

Problem1: The first slide, it is showing the incorrect answer as there has to be a correct referral answer to grade it.

Since you're using the following slide as the survey question that sends the variable to the LMS, you can remove it from this one. You can do this by going to Insert > Remove Freeform:

Screen Recording 2022-03-14 at 01.12.00 PM

Problem2: The blank slide, it is giving me a Invalid answer popup.

This is a little trickier since you have the javascript trigger, and we're submitting the variable through a separate question. Since this is a survey, my suggestion would be to not have a Review button, or change the settings to only review Incorrect questions. Will you have quiz questions included, or what do you want the users to see when they click the button?

Problem3: I want a question instead of 'short answer' so anyone can easily get idea that this answer refers to this question.

On that slide (1.3), you can change the question name in Form View:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-03-14 at 1.19.48 PM

Problem4: If I submit Agree or Disagree for the last question, it shows me false in workday.

You had Feedback by question on your True/False slide, but no feedback layers. You also created a trigger to Jump to the next slide when the user submits. Instead, you want to select none for Feedback, automatically moving the user to the next slide when submitting. You should then delete the added trigger and only leave the following one:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-03-14 at 1.22.54 PM

I hope this helps!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Srushti.

Do you need to grade based on the certification slide (agree/disagree)? If you just need to capture the selected choice, would it be better to use a survey slide instead? 

I'm attaching an edited sample (I disabled the Success/Failure layers from the Results slide), and below are the reports from SCORM Cloud:

SCORM Cloud Reporting 2022-03-17 at 3.59.28 PM

SCORM Cloud Reporting 2022-03-17 at 4.02.45 PM

I hope this helps!