Flash animatin crashing Storyline Build 1401.2415

Mar 18, 2014

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the following before sending this to support.

I recently added a small .swf animation to a project that shows a box growing in to a larger box of a different color and the merges with a text box I created in Storyline.  This is taking place within a layer that is in a slide with about 4 other layers and a base layer.  There are boxes, buttons, text, and other flash files on different layers.

Everything works fine until I try to preview the just the layer.  When I preview the slide or the scene, I have no issues.

When I click on the small preview button at the bottom of the Storyline timeline, I can see a preview of the layer containing the boxes and the flash file.  If I do this more than 3-5 times (the amount of times in between each hit of that preview button makes no difference to the outcome), Storyline will either A: freeze and then play the layer content, B: lock up and ask me to enter so0me details about what happened so that it can be sent to the Articulate support team, and/or C: Storyline locks up, nothing plays and I have to us Task Manager to kill Storyline.

Using Storyline Build  1401.2415 on a Windows 7 64bit machine with 8GB of RAM and a Core i7 3270QM @ 2.6GHz.

Thanks!

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.