Fonts not previewing or publishing properly in Storyline 360

Hi all,

I'm using the Source Sans Pro / Calibri font pair in my project. The fonts are not rendering properly in Review or in preview mode. (SL 360) They either show as different fonts, the correct fonts but with strange spacing or, on occasion, characters that appear Cyrillic. (Maybe those are just characters on top of each other and it's also a spacing issue?) Does anyone know how to fix this? I saw a post on this previously but the responses were all from more than a year ago and there have been several updates since. I didn't seem to have this problem until I took the newest update today.

I also changed the font set in my project from what I was using when I started it. Not sure if that affected anything. I'm a newbie--any help is appreciated. I've attached images. Even when it spaces correctly, that's clearly not Source Sans in the title--it's a font with serifs.

Thank you!

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Shannon, you came to the right place! I'm happy to help.

You mentioned that the fonts look incorrect both in Preview mode and after the project is published, correct? Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.10.13923.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

Let me know if you're already on the most recent update, and we'll keep digging!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Shannon. 

I tested Source Sans Pro and Calibri in a new file, and everything looks correct there.

Source Sans Pro is one of the fonts that is automatically installed on your computer when you install Articulate Storyline 360. I'm curious if you now have two versions of the same font file in your Windows Fonts folder. 

  1. Access the Fonts folder from the Windows Control Panel (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts), then right-click and delete all Source Sans Pro fonts. 
  2. Uninstall and reinstall Storyline 360. (Source Sans Pro will automatically reinstall on the computer)
  3. Open a Storyline 360 file that contains the Source Sans Pro font, and check that the font looks correct.

Keep me posted on how it goes!