Fonts not showing up in Storyline 360

Oct 15, 2019

I am working on a Mac using Parallels. I need to use Helvetica font (installed on my Mac). I coverted the font to ttf from ttc and installed it on Windows 10 (running under Parallels). The font is installed - I rebooted windows and closed storyline but the font doesn't show up. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Nancy

7 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello there, Nancy!

It sounds like you went through these steps, https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-fonts-windows-10/, to install Helvetica in Windows 10, but the font is not appearing in Storyline 360. Let's get that sorted out!

Here's a short recording of the process in action. (I'm also using Parallels!) 

My hunch is that something may have happened in the file conversion process. Would you be able to send me your Helvetica font file so I can test it on my end? 

Nancy P. Hemenway

Hi Katie, Thank you for the video – The fonts were already there but this time, instead of install – I added “install for all users” (also a selection when right clicking). Once I did this, the font did appear in the list.

Another question: When you add a font from your Mac, do you have to convert a Mac true type font to a windows version?

I did that but it was somewhat of a hassle. It took me a while to figure out where the fonts on my Mac were sitting!

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nancy

Katie Riggio

Thanks for circling back with an update, Nancy. So happy to hear that the other install option did the trick!

Those fonts will need to be installed on the Windows side to be used in Storyline. The most common font file extensions are .ttf or .otf.

Here are a few ways to check to see what fonts are already installed on Windows:

• In Windows, open Settings. Type in Fonts into the search field, and then select Font Settings
  • Head over to the C:\Windows\Fonts directory.

Does that help?

Vincent Scoma

Hi Martin,

Thank you for letting us know! Let's see if we can figure out why those fonts aren't appearing in SL 360.

A couple of questions for you as we dive in:

• Could I have you check that the font types are available in another tool like MS Word or Powerpoint? 
  • What are the file extensions for those fonts? Are they .ttf or .otf? 

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions! 

Martin Dean

Hi Vincent
The fonts are installed as .ttf files. The ‘family’ appears in Windows 10 Font Manager with all 9 faces (each pointing to their respective .ttf files.

No, PowerPoint does not ‘see’ anything other than the generic Helvetica Neue font.

PPT on Mac side, does see the full set of faces.

I uninstalled the font family and trued just installing the ‘light’ face. That did not work either.

Hope this helps
M

Get Outlook for iOS

Lauren Connelly

Hi Martin!

Thanks for the extra details!

Since PowerPoint on the Mac side does see the full set of faces, then it sounds the next step is to install the fonts on the Windows 10 side of your computer. 

Have you tried installing the Font using the Settings Window?

Here's what that looks like in Windows 10:

All you need to do is drag the font from File Explorer and it will automatically begin installing. After this, restart your Windows environment and open up Storyline 360.

If you run into any snags, please let us know! We're here to help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.