Force the student to drag and drop all objects

Jan 21, 2020

The software does not understand that the object has returned to the starting point when the student drags another object on top.

Example 1: Is how you drag and drop it behaves.

Example 2: Is how I would like it to look (don't unlock the button)

8 Replies
Walt Hamilton

You are using the "Down" state to check if the objects have been dropped. The problem is that when you click on the object, it changes to the "Down" state and stays there. So what you are checking is if the object has been clicked.

Instead, use the "Drop Correct" and "Drop Incorrect" states, because if an object leaves a drop target, the state turns back to "Normal". If you are checking for "Drop Correct" or "Drop Incorrect", the software can recognize if the object is on a drop target or not.

Also, you need to go into Drag & Drop Options and set the feedback so it is not delayed:

Lauren Connelly

Hi EADSKILL RISE!

The first step to do is add a Drop Correct state to the rectangles, which is what Walt suggested! Thanks Walt!

And then you'll need to change the trigger "Change State of Submit to Normal when the state of all the rectangles is Drop Correct".

I've attached the updated Story file which includes three rectangles. Let me know if you have any questions! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.