Forced Manual signoff- Storyline 360

Sep 07, 2023

I am looking for a way to publish a scorm file in 360 that would require a manual completion by an admin. Do you know how to do this? If more context is needed, let me know. 

6 Replies
Phil Mayor

The vast majority of that (after learner completes course) will need to be done on the LMS side. You could create a certificate in Storyline and even open an email (if they have a client set up) but you will not be able to attach the certificate to the email and would need to rely on the user. You could do this on the server side.

I find it a bit overcomplicated so maybe missing something, if the course is completed on the user side in the LMS why would it need the admin to then duplicate the effort?

Aimee Streif

Hi Phil, Thanks for your reply. The course within LMS directs the learner to a third-party training provider. The training is completed outside of our LMS. So, we are hoping to find a solution that keeps them in a pending status until verification of the external training completion is done. 

Currently, because people see the content and close it, (the training take 2 hours) the system marks as complete and the learner in some cases forgets to complete the training. This results in a false sense of compliance. We have to constantly audit completions to ensure we have the record (provided by 3rd party) to back up the completion status. 

Our Global LMS admin states that this has to be done within the publishing of articulate. We use cornerstone/saba.

Due to the nature of our business, there are certain trainings that we have to go outside of our company for (government requirements). 

Walt Hamilton

I suppose the suggestion that you need a Global LMS Admin that understands the nature of eLearning, and its relationship to external providers and LMSs is probably outside my sphere of my influence :).

One thing you could try: In the LMS course, end with a quiz asking for a code from the third party. Have the third party give the learners one out of a series of pre-agreed codes when they finish. Then they take it back to saba and enter it as the answer to the last question. The LMS then marks them as passing or not.