Full Screen in Storyline 360 - No Player

Jul 05, 2017

Hello - I've been tasked with creating a series of short videos for our marketing department and I'm going to attempt to use Storyline.

I'm looking to go as full-screen as possible, the screen dimensions for the majority of our target audience is 16:9 - 1280 x 720.

I'm looking to remove the player to keep it clean, no menu, previous/next or anything like that.

When I select the Design > Story Size > Custom 1280 x 720 - the published output is larger than 1280 x 720 - it appears the player still takes up some space (even though I've removed all options).

What is the magic # (in terms of the custom story size) that I should use here? Any tips regarding recommended width/height for projects w/o players will be much appreciated.

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Ryan and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Sounds like you are well on your way to customizing your player.

You are correct, the player features certainly do affect the published story size and you can check out those numbers here.

Did you utilize the tips in this article to create your chromeless player?

I'm no designer, so hopefully someone in the community will be able to chime in with their experience regarding sizing.

Jose Tansengco

Hi All,

I have some great news to share! We just released a really cool feature that allows you to add a player toggle to let learners view courses in full-screen mode.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.