Fuzzy Images

Aug 19, 2014

I am importing an image into storyline that looks fine in PowerPoint but is blurry in Storyline. I have read some of the posts, but I can't seem to fix it.

The standalone image is great when I view the hyperlink from storyline. Can anyone help?

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Poppy,

I only saw the image posted here - do you have a .story file you could share as well? Are you doing any scaling of the image before or after inserting it? I'd also want to see what your settings are in regards to the course scaling to fit the browser, etc. You mentioned it's clear prior to placing it in Storyline - so it's not just during publish that you see the fuzzy image? Have you tried any different image types or files?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Poppy,

Thanks for sharing the .story file here with us. It does look like you've scaled it down a bit, which is going to make some of the text harder to read. When I look at your original image, and compare it to what I see in the publish output without scaling it - the image quality looks similar, but again it's smaller based on your slide size, player settings, etc. Here's a screenshot with the two side by side.

Heinee Hinrichsen

I just received another complaint from a client that the images were coming up fuzzy. This happens whenever I lay an image inside of a shape. Insert > Shape > Format Shape > Fill > Picture Fill. I have done all that the support staff has asked for a clean and crisp picture. I have all of my compression settings set to maximum. I have the image set to the same size as the shape. This is easy. No matter what the size my image is, it should come up clean. No compressing, no degradation or fuzziness. How long before this bug gets fixed? This thread is 6 years old.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.