Getting 100 % in three different ways

Feb 03, 2015

Hi folks. 
I wonder if anyone can give me some guiding in how to solve this problem. 
I got a course consisting of 48 slides. And I want it to be able report done in 3 ways.

a) When you have read all 48 slides and answered correctly at all questions.

b)When you have taken the examination (which you can take without reading the 48 slides) and answered all questions correctly.

c) If you click a button “ I don’t have time or do not need go the education” just give me the diploma. 

7 Replies
Judy Nollet

Here's one way to do it: have all options lead to the same quiz-question slide. But design it so it doesn't look like a quiz, i.e., just have a button (the "correct" answer) that users have to click to "finish" the course. Then have successful completion of the course based on the results of that "quiz" (instead of the results of the actual test).

I do wonder about your option (c), though. If it's acceptable for someone to simply skip the course and get credit anyway, it seems there's no reason to track anyone, because the "credit" is meaningless...  (Or were you just being facetious? Hard to tell since there's no "sarcasm" font.)

Jacob  Selin

Well. 
The c option is something the customer want. I wish i was facetious but no :P
I mean, i guess there will be more than just a couple who will press "i dont have time".
The education is about policies and etics in a company. 

There is a couple of people who do not need to do this education (mostly because they are the one writing the rules) but they wanna have a check that they accept what stands in the rules. 
I.e "You have sign here that you will follow the company rules about ...." 

Judy Nollet

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I understand about those compliance issues. Anyway, the solution I described should work, if you can steer everyone to the same slide. Or have 2 "quiz" slides:  one accessed by those who pass the real assessment, and one for those who are going to skip everything. Then set the passing grade at 50%.  :-)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jacob, 

Storyline lets you track a course either by the number of slides viewed or by a single quiz (result slide). Tracking both measurements for the same course isn't supported. Similarly, tracking multiple quiz scores in the same course isn't supported.

You may be able to track more than one SCO (shareable content object) in a single course using any of the following methods. We haven't, however, tested or verified the accuracy of the information provided in these articles. These methods aren't officially supported by Articulate.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.