Going nuts! Storyline 360 hanging and unstable when using gradients.

Feb 10, 2021

Anybody else having issues using gradient fills/lines? The stops jump back to the 1 stop when applying % fills to other stops. The dialogue box even flickers and is entirely unstable. Been this way for at least 1 update, a complete reinstall and rebuild of slide.

I also get a crash report if trying to apply a gradient to more than one shape at a time.

Super frustrating!

7 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry you're running into this frustrating issue! I ran a quick test and didn't notice any hanging or crashing when editing gradients in the latest version.

I've opened a case on your behalf with our support engineers to take a closer look at your file. You should receive an email with an upload link. As soon as we receive your file, we'll jump in and get back to you with next steps!

Mateusz Szuter

Gradients have been broken for like 4-5 updates at least. I've got the problem first in like october 2020? I don't use them much, so I didn't bother, but now I have a project when I heavy rely on them and my workflow is like 90% slower due to this... It is possible to set the gradient, but it's really painful.

I attach the video - it's fresh project. It happens in my every project. I tried to get used to it, hoping for quick fix, but it didn't come, so decided to pop in. That's definitely broken.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jennifer and Mateusz,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360 and included a few important fixes you'll see in the release notes.

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: Gradient stops behaved erratically when edited.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Briley Carter

Just to say I've been having issues applying gradients to lines. The last few weeks, every time I've tried to apply gradients to outlines, I can get the default blue to light blue one, but when I try change colours they jump back to the default. This is both by using custom theme colours as well as inputting the hex codes directly. It takes several attempts and several restarts of Storyline to get the colours to finally stick.