Guided tour Articulate SToryline 360 Photo's

Dec 20, 2023

Hi everyone!

I am creating a tour of an airplane for cabin crew staff to let them see all items on board the plane that are of interest for safety reasons. I was planning to use the free navigation, but now they want to make sure all markers are clicked before they can go to the next slide. The tour consists of 48 360 photo's and many, many markers....(so that means many, many triggers and variables  if I need to work with a layer that will tell them to click all markers before they are able to move on to the next photo....)

So a guided tour might be easier to create...but...is it possible to exclude the "go forward" and "go backward" markers so they will not automatically jump to next slide or previous slide when these markers are shown? So I want the user to be able to click on the forward/backward arrow marker instead of the marker proceeding itself when shown...

Hope I make sence!?

Nathalie

1 Reply
Tom Kuhlmann

I'm not quite sure what you mean with the arrows on the guided tour. However, if we stepped back, you could probably create something with variables that is manageable.

Here's an idea:

1. Not sure how many markers each image will have but let's just assume the max is 10.
  2. Create a template with ten markers. Each marker has a T/F
  3. When the marker is visited, it's changed to T
  4. Set a trigger to navigate to the next slide when a certain condition is met such as all markers are T
  5. Save this as a template.

Modifications when using the template.

• Add a trigger to reset all the variables to F. This allows the process to be reset and means you don't need specific variables for every single interaction. If you had 10 markers, you only need 10 variables that you can reuse.
  • Replace the image
  • Move markers
  • Delete any less than 10
  • Modify the condition

It seems once you built the framework you just duplicate and make the minor modifications to a couple of triggers.