Having Trouble Uploading Video to Storyline 360

Oct 05, 2023

Hello,

I am trying to upload a video into Storyline 360 that is 2 hours and 16 seconds in length (20 GB). When I attempt to upload, my screen freezes or the icon continues to spin. I've also tried to upload to Replay without luck (thinking I could use the published link to embed in Storyline).  The video is on my local drive, has a simple title, and software is updated.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Vickie, 

Happy to help!

The maximum file size for videos in Storyline 360 is 2 GB each. Since your video is 20 GB large, consider doing the following to reduce the file size so that it will meet the limit: 

• Split your video into multiple smaller videos with each smaller segment being smaller than 2 GB. If the resolution of the video is retained, you might end up adding around 10 videos to the slide, so please take this into account when planning your design. 
  • Lower the resolution of the video. You can use a tool called Handbrake for this. Here's where you can download the installer for Handbrake, and you can checkout this helpful video to learn more about how to use the tool. 

You can check out this article for more information on adding videos to a Storyline 360 course.