Help me

Aug 12, 2020

I was recently given a ton of folders that contain: other folders and files like: mobile, story_content, amplaunch, meta, story, story, story_html5, story_unsupported, etc. What is all this? and can I open any of this to edit in Articulate? 

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Martha,

I'd be happy to help you. It sounds like you've got a lot of folders to wade through.

Based on your description, it sounds like you've been provided with the published output files for storyline projects. These are the files that are uploaded to your final environment, like your LMS or webserver, prior to being shared with your learners.

These are not the project files that you can open with Storyline. You'll be looking for the file format .story in order to open/edit with the software. Unless they manually put them in one of those output folders, this file will not be located there.

I'd recommend a quick search of the files/folders you were provided to see if you have any .story files to work with.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.