Help please - Translation>Export: Empty error message, no Word document created. Storyline 2/Windows 10

Hello,

Whenever I try to run Translation>Export in Storyline 2 (Update 7: 1509.1408), I get an error (see screenshot).  My OS is Windows 10.

I've tried renaming the file (no spaces, only standard characters (a-z), I've tried with Word open and with Word closed. I really don't know what it could be. Clearly the error message isn't terribly helpful!

Any ideas?

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out here and sorry to hear about the issue that you've encountered. Our QA team is aware of some users who are struggling with the same behavior - and I'd like to see if you're able to go through the following steps:

  • Work with all local project files that adhere to the naming path/conventions detailed here
  • Close down other MS Office programs 
  • Close down other programs that could be taking up system memory, and try with just Storyline open
  • Conduct the full repair of Storyline

If after checking into those, you're still running into an issue, could you please  provide a sample .story file that has exhibited this behavior and some detailed steps of how you're able to replicate the behavior.  

If you prefer to share privately you can also send it along to our team here. 

vauchel delphine

Hello, I am frensh.

In advance sorry for my english

I same problem! and I dont send my project to someone because the confidential informations.

I have all try, update, localhoste, by cutting scene ( with and without exercise and movies), desinstall and reinstall storyline 2, empty Temp fils,  contact distrisoft France...

I don't understand... does anyone have a solution. 

Best regards 

Delphine.

 

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Delphine,

Thanks for reaching out here. As I mentioned our team is aware of some users who have struggled with the set up and behavior, but we'd want to take a look at your files and system set up to further diagnose and share the information with our team so that they could investigate it further. If you need to share confidentially you can send along to our team here and they're able to sign an NDA if needed as well. 

vauchel delphine

Hi everybody,

Thanks for back message. After much research, I find a solution which I will share here. I create new project and I import my project in new project then save as a new name. And the export is succeeded!!! Apparently, because the copy and paste from PowerPoint to storyline. 

Thanks again.

Best regards, Delphine

 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi all,

I wanted to provide an update here, as Storyline 2 Update 8 was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here. The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed an issue where exporting text to a Word doc for translation wouldn't always work. You can download the latest update here, and after downloading and installing the latest update you’ll want to republish any existing content to ensure that the updates and fixes are applied.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.