Help with visited state

Jun 24, 2013

Hi

I have a problem that I haven't been able to sort...not for lack of trying!! I'm using a visited state with ticked circles to track learner progress. This works fine the first time through. However, when you select the Try Again button (on the last slide),  the ticks for circles 2 to 4 move to the top left corner of the page.

I realise what's happening but am unsure if there's a way to fix this. The ticks show as having co-ordinates of Horizontal 15 - Vertical 18 in relation to the circle object they are placed in. On the second run through the ticks are placed with the same co-ordinates in relation to the slide.

I've attached the source file and will be very grateful if someone has time to look at it.  Many thanks.

Lynne

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Lynne!

Thanks for sharing the file :)

I took a look and I'm not quite sure I'm seeing the same thing. I'm assuming you want the checks to display on the Progress slide, but when I return after using "Try again", the circles appear without the checks. I'm not seeing the placement you described/showed. 

It looks like you have this set up to reset and that seems to be the behavior I'm seeing when I preview. 

Maybe I'm missing a step - can you share a little more detail on how/when this is showing up for you? Are you previewing when this happens, or is it happening outside of Storyline?

Thanks!

Lynne Warring

Thanks for your reply Christine

This behaviour happens when I Preview / Publish in Storyline. When you select Try Again and run through the course the tick is correctly placed in the first circle. As you continue through the course, the 2nd to 4th ticks are placed at the top-left of the slide.

I've attached a picture of this.

Cheers

Lynne

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Lynne,

I'm afraid I'm still not seeing this when previewing or after publishing. 

Can you try this with a version I've published and uploaded for testing, please?

Testing for Lynne Progress Menu

I've gone through the sections one by one, clicked "Try Again", gone through all the sections up to about 5 times. Each time I try this, the check marks are placed in the correct spots (within the circles). I still haven't seen the displaced object - so I'm wondering if the display issue is with the actual installation of the software on your side, the version or possibly DPI. 

If it works properly with the version I shared above, please try to make sure you're using 96 DPI on the machine. More information on checking and setting that can be found in this article

Also, can you tell me what version of Storyline you're using, please? To find this information, click on "Help" and "About Articulate Storyline".

If you're not running version 3 (1305.2012), please download and install the update using the link below:

Articulate - Storyline Update 3

Once you've finished installing the update, please try testing the course again.

Thanks Lynne!

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.