Hotspot question

Feb 16, 2023

So I have a course I'm building with a ton of content and I have configured a typical slide to display its topic and multiple layers covers each subtopic. I want to use an image with Hotspots so when the user hover or click the hotspot an audio file will play and text will be shown. My problem is that I'm already working on a layer on that slide. So, I can get an audio to play when the hotspot is activated but I cannot figure how to tie in the text I want to display. When I look at the triggers there is no option for text to be displayed. I know I can do this if I was on the main slide and the image and hotpot was setup on the main slide with the text and whatever else on layers, but in this case I'm already working off of a layer. Can someone offer a solution or am i missing something? 

2 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Reginald,

I'm sorry you've run into this snag with your hotspots! You did a nice job of describing your situation but sharing your project would go a long way in finding an answer for you. Would you be willing to share your file here or with our support engineers privately in a support case so we can troubleshoot?

Thanks for reaching out!

Garth Yorko

Here is a sample that I think will help you. 

The base layer has a button to show Layer 1.

Layer 1 Properties:

• Hide other layers
  • Hide objects on the base layer.

Layer 2 has 2 buttons. Each button will show a layer (Layer 2 Audio and Layer 3 Audio)

There is a text box on this Layer 1 set to initially hidden. It has two states, Layer 2 Text and Layer 3 Text

When the learner clicks Button 1, the state of the text box changes to the Layer 2 Text, and then shows layer 2.

The audio is on layer 2 and layer 3. The layer properties are:

• Hide objects on Base layer.
  • Hide slide when the timeline ends.
  • Prevent user from clicking on the other layers
  • Reset to initial state

See attached.