Hover trigger not working properly in lightbox slide for Articulate 360

Jan 17, 2017

I have an issue with Articulate 360. I'm using hotspots on a lightbox slide that triggers show layers when hovered over. When I preview "slide " or " scene" it works fine. When I preview "Entire Project " or publish project the hover feature doesn't work.

I've attached the .story file. Click on the Help tab to trigger lightbox slide.

Thanks.

42 Replies
Joshua Vrooman

Hi Karen,

My bandage solution was to replace the hotspot with a text box (filled with blank spaces such as this:                                   ), within that I applied a 'Hover' layer to the blank text box, and placed the content I wanted to appear within that state.

This has worked without fail for me, but I cannot copy and paste it out to other slides.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Josh

Nico Brieger

Hi Alyssa, it is probably the same bug. I'm experiencing the same issues like Lou and Karen with lightboxes. As long as I only use the hover state of a button/element, everything is working fine. But as soon as I add a trigger to a button/element (show layer when hover over) things got screwed up and the button hover state as well as the trigger (show layer when hover over) are not working anymore and flashes only briefly.
When removing the hover triggers, hover states of the buttons are working.

Please find a lightbox example attached.

Kim Smith

Hi there

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I assume I am on the latest version, I am using Articulate 360 and it is not indicating that there are any updates to do.

I have tried it in flash/htlm5 and html5/flash and get the same issue either way. Have tried it in Review in Edge and Chrome and have the same issue either way. Have tried publishing it to our LMS (flash/html5) and get the same issue.

It is fine in preview mode in storyline.

Attached is the story file (in its entirety). It is happening on slide 6.6 Search for an Asset. When you get to layer "Hover over classifications" it just jumps back to the beginning of the slide.

Hope you can help!

Many thanks
Kim

Kim Smith
Training and Documentation Analyst
Business Solutions & Technology

Trustpower

T 07 572 9888 extension 4864
M 021 903 578
E kim.smith@trustpower.co.nz
Trustpower Limited, Private Bag 12023, Tauranga Mail Centre 3143

www.trustpower.co.nz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose this email or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete both emails from your system. It is your responsibility to check this email and any attachments for viruses or other harmful code before opening or sending on. Trustpower Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively, Trustpower) accepts no responsibility for any such virus or any effects of a virus on your systems or data. Trustpower does not endorse anything in this email that is not related to its official business.

Please think of the environment before printing this email.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy Farmer

Hi Kim

looks like you have replied via email and unfortunately any attachments won't show up here in the forum.  If you click 'view' in the email and then come into the post and use the grey 'add attachment' button at the bottom of the post to upload.  

Your email signature has also displayed so you may want to edit the post to remove those details.

Kim Smith

Hi there

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I assume I am on the latest version, I am using Articulate 360 and it is not indicating that there are any updates to do.

I have tried it in flash/htlm5 and html5/flash and get the same issue either way. Have tried it in Review in Edge and Chrome and have the same issue either way. Have tried publishing it to our LMS (flash/html5) and get the same issue.

It is fine in preview mode in storyline.

Attached is the story file (in its entirety). It is happening on slide 6.6 Search for an Asset. When you get to layer "Hover over classifications" it just jumps back to the beginning of the slide.

Leslie McKerchie

Oh no Kim. 

Looks like you're still replying via e-mail, so I'm not seeing your attachment.

Please click 'View' in the e-mail to pop over to the forums. Use the 'Add Attachment' option in the bottom of the Reply window.

It also looks like your email signature came through the last couple of times when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath those responses. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Alyssa Gomez

Hey everybody! I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 3 for Storyline 3! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where hotspots on Lightbox slides to trigger a layer "when mouse hovers over" did not work correctly.

Here’s where you can download and install the latest version of Storyline 3. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.