How long to upload a 360 Course from a Template with Videos published as SCORM 1.2 then Zip File to LMS

Aug 04, 2023

A coworker with 360 is trying to upload a SCORM 1.2 Zip file to Cornerstone/SABA LMS, the course file has about 14 videos, with a 2 minute or so video in each lesson, also using a 360 template. How long should it take to upload? We made sure Zip file was not on OneDrive, it is a local Zip file.

If the course has videos, do you have an estimate, such as x long, x videos, x size it takes x amount of time?

Is it a percent or x amt of times of the course? Please advise, others at our agency are interested in 360, but we need to understand how it works first.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Regards,

Leslie

2 Replies
Richard Watson

Leslie,

How long your upload takes depends upon several factors:

- Connection speeds

- File size

-Network congestion between your system and the system you are uploading to

-Wired vs wireless connection

-Server performance (LMS you are uploading to)

- Background processes running on the computer your re uploading from

- Are the videos imported local or are you linking them via something like YouTube or Vimeo. Streaming them thru a service will make your overall file size much smaller..

As you can see, there are many different variables that can impact your specific upload speeds. In other words, if I uploaded your file from my network, my performance would differ from your based on my connection speed, network congestion, etc.

Hope that helps a little. 

You could test your specific connection speed by using a tool like this:

https://www.speedtest.net

Richard