How many scenes with recordings can SL2 handle? Risk of crashing at no. 100?

Aug 27, 2015

Hi everyone,

This is my first question although I've been reading here for a while. I searched but didn't find this topic - please redirect me if it's been covered before.

Question: I've built the framework of a course with many chapters, but haven't added screen recordings yet. Before I begin, I'd appreciate if more experienced users can reassure me that the whole thing won't crash when I add interactive screen recording #80 (or whatever). Please reassure me or recommend work-arounds! :-)

Details: Each chapter has a topic intro scene + demonstration scene placeholder + interactive try/test (to be decided) scene placeholder. There are perhaps 40 topics, so I'll end up with 3x40=120 scenes, of which 2x40=80 are recordings. Each recording is short - most will be under 10 slides, although a 3-5 will be up to 20 slides.

Thanks!

-Still Wondering

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Still Wondering, 

There isn't a limit to the overall size of a Storyline file or the number of screen recordings - but the larger you make your file the more taxing it will be on your system to open it and your users to access it depending on their browser, speed, etc.  You'll want to ensure you meet at least the system requirements here. 

I'll defer to the community on their experience and expertise at what point they've started to notice a lag if any. 

Phil Mayor

with such a large course i count about 900 slide I think you will have issues,  also how do you plan to deploy this?  You may get resume issues.  May be better to split into smaller more easily digested  modules where the user can dip in and out rather than have to navigate a complicated menu structure, just because you can get it into one course sometimes you should ask yourself if it is the best solution.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.