How to add 360 interactive video to Storyline 360

Jul 14, 2023

Hi all,

I am looking to see what the best way of adding 360-degree interactive videos to a Storyline 360 project would be.

Ideally, for a scenario that I am thinking of building, there would be multiple 360 videos in one project, with each one containing hotspots that link to another video.

We would be filming all of the footage on an Insta 360 x3.

I am aware that Storyline doesn't natively support this feature, but with the potential to import web objects and things like Chris Hodgson has been achieving with his Storyline Magic Series, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS4ya6w5xpE&ab_channel=DiscovereLearning) does anyone have any suggestions to how this can be achieved? Or can anyone recommend a 3rd party website/software that can make 360 videos that can be used as web objects?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community! 🎉

We have had community discussions about embedding 360° videos into Storyline projects using Web Objects that you may find helpful:

In the meantime, I have added your voice to our existing feature request for 360° video support in Storyline. We'll let you know if this makes it to our roadmap.

I hope other community members can also chime into this discussion and share their insights on adding 360° videos.

Hon Lai

Hi Peter,

We have used Chris Hodgson's method before in implementing 360 videos and this method to work really well. 

Using hotspots, I've managed to get multiple videos stitched together, and using hotspots to navigate around, similar to a Google maps streetview experience. 

You can even add some custom JS to give that zooming/fade/travelling effect that you get when move around in Google street view.