HRESULT error. File size over 100MB

Oct 22, 2013

Anyone know why my 20 slide course with no interaction and limited graphics would be 112 MB and now crashing upon saving??

There must be a corruption in the file, but the course is 20 slides with limited graphics and was built from scratch...no pre-existing template that might have had some archived or corruption issues carried over.

When I try and save this file, I get an HRESULT error and I lose all my changes.

Very frustrated as this has cost me hours upon hours of productivity.

I've also tried to copy the slides into a new/clean story, and after I copy about 2 or 3 slides, the file size is over 80MB and refuses to save. Meanwhile I have other training files I've created with 60 slides and lots of interaction and swf. and its like 20MB.

Running windows 7(32bit) with 4GB ram and plenty of HD space.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Jeremy M.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jeremy and welcome to Heroes, 

First, you'll want to check that you're working with local project files, as working on a network drive or USB can cause erratic behavior. You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate) and that you've avoided using special characters, symbols, or accents in your file name. 

Additionally, have you checked your system's resources to see if another program is using all the memory? You may want to try saving this file while having all other programs closed and nothing running in the background. 

Since you've already tried inserting it into a new file and continued to have the same problems, you may also want to try a quick repair if you continue having issues. 

Jeremy Manjorin

Hi Ashley,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I am working off my local hard drive...with plenty of space. And the complete file name is 70 characters with no special characters involved. The actual content is 20 slides with a few mouse click recordings and no interactions for the user. I've created other files with more content/functionality and its 1/10th the size. I've tried to run it with no other programs open and I'm still getting this save error.

I also tried copying into a new file and the copy is still 100MB. I'm going to try creating it again from scratch slide by slide saving each new slide and seeing if anything triggers an escalation in file size.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.