HTML5 audio on iPad and Chrome
I've been banging my head for a few days now and tried so many combinations of things that I'm sure I'm now chasing my own tail. I'm REALLY hoping someone out there is able to provide an example file (or preferably tweak my own) that works as I'd hoped.
Attached, I have a test file that I have made to try out various methods of getting consistent HTML5 audio on iPad and Chrome. Within the file I have placed some comments to explain what I'm trying to do on each Slide attempt and what I see seem to experience.
- To get audio to work consistently on iPad and Google Chrome in HTML5 ONLY - am unable to use flash even on Chrome
- Need to be able to navigate with Next/Prev and have audio on each slide Reset to initial state and play from beginning in both iPad and Chrome
WHAT I GET :
- Mostly will work in Chrome although Slide 3 in this example doesn't seem to play audio in Chrome the FIRST time the slide is loaded. Successive loads then seem ok. This is over http. Testing locally it seems fine.
- Cannot get the iPad (1st generation iOS5 is our test spec) to "Reset to initial state". When navigating with NEXT from a page with audio that's part-way through and clicking PREV to return, the audio is always resumed from where it left off rather than resetting.
- Have tried MANY variations on the attached file (adjusted all the checkboxes in the Cog layer where applicable) with varying issues.
- ALSO, I have tried having NO audio on a slide until a user clicks a specific button : eg "Play Audio" which then does a "Show Layer" which contains the audio. However the same type of issue occurs - if the user then clicks Next then Prev during this audio playback, the audio on the iPad does not restart from initial state.
- Have installed Update 2 for Storyline on Windows 7, latest version of Chrome
- All slides are set to Advance "By User"
Any help, tips or tricks would be most appreciated!