Importing Powerpoint

Feb 11, 2021

When I am trying to import a PowerPoint presentation to storyline, I am receiving an error message that states Exception during Import Powerpoint.  The value must be between 0 and 21600000.  Parameter name: value.  That is followed by a bunch of error statements. 

Can anyone provide some insight?

18 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Alan,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues importing a Powerpoint file into Storyline. I have a few questions to help narrow down the problem:

• Are you working with local files (on your computer hard drive) or on a network drive?
  • Which version of Storyline are you using? You can check your version by clicking on Help > About Storyline 
  • Is this error message happening on a specific file or every time you try to import from Powerpoint?

A few people with a similar issue have had success by copying the slides from the original presentation into another Powerpoint file before importing them into Storyline. If that doesn't work for you, we can always open a support case to dig deeper into what is happening. 

Lauren Connelly

Hello justin!

Sorry, you're running into this issue too! I'd like our Support Engineers to work with you directly, so I've opened a case on your behalf. You should've received a confirmation email with an upload link. It would be helpful to take a look at your file if you can upload it using that link.

Our Support Engineers will continue the conversation via email.

Beth Teaney

Thanks Alan.  Were you ever able to get it to work or find a workaround?  I saw something about copying slides from one ppt to another?  It's so weird because I have a total of 5 ppt that were created using the same slides and they all work but this one.  I have tried importing them slide by slide, removing audio files, saving the file with a different name and nothing is working.

Matthew Boynton

Hi - I was running into this same error the last few days.  I was "kinda" able to get around it.  I had to delete all the quarter circle shapes from my presentation, then I copied and pasted the slides into a new presentation.  Seems to have worked, but now I need to go back and do some clean-up.  Not sure what the deal is with the quarter circles....maybe Storyline doesn't know what to do with it?

Just thought I'd share...

Jean Marc Laumond
Hello
I just had the problem regarding this topic. After receiving the message quoted above or similar the import is done but the text is imported as an image. I changed the font and it's still the same. The file is PPTX I saved it in PPS in case it came from there without result. I renamed the file and it's still the same. I have a file that is made by the same person who accompanies the first and for it it works. So it would come from a drawing or a symbol that would not be recognized by articulate? Is this confirmed?
Thanks
Jean Marc
Jose Tansengco

Hello Jean Marc,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. 

Try importing your slides one at a time using PowerPoint's Reuse Slides feature to see if doing so allows the content to be imported properly. 

You can try toggling the Use source formatting option to get better results.

If the issue persists, reach out to our support team and share your presentation file with them so we can take a look at why your PowerPoint slides are not importing correctly. 

Jean Marc Laumond
Hello
For the moment I must say that I remain quite skeptical about my powerpoint import into articulate. By dint of trying I realized that some texts are indeed considered as text while others are put in the form of an image. As for the moment the project is not validated, I am asked to leave it at that. In my spare time I copy the text from powerpoint and paste it in place of the image.