Importing Powerpoint (Office2016) into Storyline 2 Problem

Feb 26, 2016

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is already a created thread somewhere. I haven't been able to find an answer. I purchased and upgraded to Microsoft Office 2016 today, and now that I'm trying to use Storyline I have not been able to import PowerPoint files. The loading bar goes about half way and the program as a whole freezes. I have to use the task manager to close it. Is anybody else having a problem with Office 2016? Or is there something I need to do?

Thanks, 

Tyler

16 Replies
Tyler Collier

Ashley, 

I ended up dealing with the issue again shortly afterwards though. I fixed it by using the troubleshoot post repairing Microsoft as well as making sure both are being ran as admin. I'm importing the files just fine now, however, the audio is not importing at all. 

I thought maybe it was because of the recent upgrade to 2016 office, but I tested it on another computer and both new and OLD projects I've completed the audio is not importing into Storyline. Do you have any solution to that? 

Tyler Collier

I am sent the PowerPoint with the presentation and audio. They are recording using the PowerPoint narration tool. I'm confused because I have projects I've already completed where the audio imported just fine. I imported it again today (when I started having the problems) and the audio doesn't import. I might have to follow that. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tyler,

Perhaps they recorded differently this time or used a different version of Powerpoint? Using those steps should allow you to gather the audio files for inclusion in your Storyline project, although it is a bit more steps. If they're not M4A files and you're still having difficulty when importing them, are you able to share one of those Powerpoints? Have you looked at testing it with your own Powerpoints? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.