Importing powerpoint pptx into storyline 360 does import correct size

Apr 30, 2018

Hi- I was wondering if anyone has run into an issue with importing an HD 16:9 powerpoint presentation into Storyline 360?  I have tried this numerous times, 

1) just importing directly-cut off artwork at the bottom of the slide

2) starting a new project and changing the SL 360 to 16:9 first, then importing the pptx

3) the only way I was able to fix this was to go into the slide size settings in the pptx file, chose custom settings, select On-screen 16:9 (see attachment), and then open a new SL 360 project and import.  then the artwork is not cut off.   

what is the difference between the On-screen 16:9 vs 16:9?

3 Replies
Rhonda Lemmon

Alyssa,   thank you for your reply.    this may be a stupid question, but isn't the 16:9 ratio referring to inches in a powerpoint presentation?     

we are working on presentation which will be created in powerpoint, needs to be HD 16:9 and then import that powerpoint to storyline for the eLearning course.   

Alyssa Gomez

That's a good question, Rhonda! 16:9 simply refers to the aspect ratio. For example, slides that are 800 pixels x 450 pixels or 1200 pixels x 675 pixels both have a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Before importing a HD 16:9 PowerPoint to Storyline, check the slide dimensions in Powerpoint. Are they 13.333 inches x 7.5 inches?

If so, change the Storyline slide size to 1280 pixels x 720 pixels before importing the PowerPoint. 

Let me know if that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.